We’ve all been patiently waiting to channel our inner Cher and Dionne, and now is our time to look “CLASSIC”! Birkenstocks? Crop tops? Mom jeans? It seems weâ€™ve regressed to the 90s. However, with the right styling, you are certain to look â€œall that and a bag of chips.â€�
Check out my article below that was posted on Savvy Tokyo on how to rock Springs trends now!
2. Oh, hey, crop top, I see you arenâ€™t going anywhere this season. Truth has it, thereâ€™s no avoiding the midriff bearing movement, so what better excuse to experiment? Styling can be tricky, but a play with proportions keeps the look chic yet still demure. Pair one with a high waist skirt or high-rise trouser to show only a sliver of skin. To avoid baring the flesh all together, wear over a crisp button up shirt and cover up with a denim jacket or cardigan.
3. High-rise denim. Yes, itâ€™s true: mom jeans are all the rage in the denim world. Opt for minimal accessories and shirts with short hemlines for the most flattering affect. A menswear shirt knotted at the bottom is another option for the high-rise pant.
4. Sporty chic. Show your athleticism without breaking a sweat. Sportswear basics in luxe materials are conveying a whole new message of casual wear. If a leather jogging pant is not in your comfort zone, choose a silk bomber jacket or an accessory such as a leather baseball hat to add an active edge to your look.
5. Hawaiian prints. Floral patterns are taking over, and thanks to chic silhouettes and luxe fabrications, hibiscus and palm tree prints are no longer subject to oversized vacation shirts and permitted in paradise only. When styling separates, keep other aspects of your outfit neutral, or to fully commit to the trend, rock a one-piece in a head-to-toe floral motif.
6. Iridescent and metallic accessories. Put the pedal to the metal this spring and have fun with shiny texture. Futuristic accessories such as a drawstring bag, evening clutch and chunky jewelry in mirrored fabrics are great ways to incorporate the bright trend.
7. Slide sandals. How jacked are Birkenstock fans that their blister-friendly sandals are back in vogue? The revival of slide sandals comes at an optimal time for walking and train hopping Tokyoites. Sport the classics or find a pair with a platform or heel for a modern twist. The casual shoe can be taken up a notch with lady-like pieces such as sundresses, full skirts and glamorous jewelry.